Saturday, December 8, 2012

All That Glitters...

...ain't gold. I can tell you that. I found this out firsthand when I attempted to make a Star Spice Cake that I found on TasteSpotting.   The recipe originally came from this website. Please click on it. Tell me if anything looks problematic. 

"Who cares," I said. 
"It'll be fine," I said. 
"That's what Google translate is for!" I said.

So wrong, Katie. So very, very wrong.

 The night ended with me, very Peeta-esquely, tossing the flavorless brick into my backyard.  Have at it, birds! Enjoy this Polish mistake! It tasted like raw pancake batter. I won't even post the measurements I used because somewhere during the conversion process, I fudged up. Was it the 10 eggs? The entire jar of honey I poured into the batter? Who knows. At least it looked okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment